The 80/20 Rule of Startup Founders
24 Feb 2011
Our best estimates put the number of developers in the world at around 5 million.
Applying the 80/20 rule you can estimate:
To make it into the last group you have to make it through the four above it. What have you done today to move yourself closer to the last group?
- Of those, 20% 1 million want to launch a startup
- Of those, 20% 200,000 have enough motivation to start educating themselves about the process
- Of those, 20% 40,000 will actually start building something
- Of those, 20% 8,000 will actually finish building something
- Of those, 20% 1,600 have prepared themselves enough to achieve some measure of success
via The 80/20 Rule of Startup Founders | Software by Rob.