New communication styles dominate the workplace, replacing technology from even just a few years ago with new cloud solutions. Employees access a variety of communication formats through a single app, allowing them to choose whether to connect via chat, videoconferencing, group messaging and shared workspaces. session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking is allowing for new features to replace even the latest communication tools.
Through SIP trunking, new concepts are emerging every few weeks. Take a look at some of the communications advances you’ll witness in the workplace in the coming months:
- New capabilities available through enterprise collaboration features.
- SIP trunking will support multi-channel communications in the form of bring-your-own-channel (BYOC), allowing users to move between different channels in a conversation.
- Email may be replaced by voice-based input that can be archived, searched and retrieved through a collaboration-oriented platform.
- Contextual communications will grow and become more important in collaboration.
- Storage sophistication will allow for all communications to be recorded and archived for cross-reference, with access available across geographic and team boundaries.
These trends supported by SIP trunking will improve productivity by removing routine tasks while allowing all parties access to relevant data. New technologies will promote productivity, but also enhance flexibility and creativity.
SIP trunking is essential for enabling these services, delivering reliable voice transmissions for domestic and international calls while supporting advanced features in the cloud.
The benefits of these developments include:
- A single global infrastructure that supports two-directional voice communications over a virtual phone number.
- Connectivity between infrastructure for cloud communications in the enterprise with fixed and mobile networks across the globe.
- Virtual phone numbers support high-quality connections, regardless of location.
- Collaboration efforts enabled by extensive messaging options.
- Regulatory compliance and emergency call support.
Cloud communications and SIP trunking have already provided new opportunities in areas like communication and collaboration across geographically disparate locations, making conversations more accessible and secure.
Those enterprises interested in these types of communication capabilities need to prioritize a partnership that offers the scale and strategic approach to support a digital transformation in communications. Your enterprise needs a telecom partner that can do more than just offer you the latest features; you want a partner that is looking ahead to the emerging technology that will help you stand out from your competitors.
To learn more about SIP trunking and equipping your enterprise for the next phase of communications and collaboration technology, contact us at Clarksys. We can help you identify the technology that is most relevant to your business objectives and create a strategic vision for implementing it according to your timeline and budget.
April 22, 2019
In SIP Trunking